Many other manufacturers have tried to recreate the Celestion Blue sound in a higherpowered driver, and some have come close. But only Celestion has the experience and know-how to emulate the tone and response of its own, Alnico classic in a modern driver that's perfect for single or multiple applications in cabinets or combos.
What limited the power handling of the Original Blue was the material used in the construction of the voice coil.
However, after hundreds of hours of testing and countless prototypes, Celestion has developed a new coil that can withstand higher levels of power but leaves the tone unaffected.
Such a relatively simple, yet important development, lies at the heart of a truly remarkable new guitar loudspeaker.
- Nominal Diameter: 12 in., 305mm
- Power Rating: 50 watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms or 15 ohms
- Sensitivity: 100dB
- Chassis Type: Pressed Steel
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1.75 in., 44.5mm
- Voice Coil Material: Round copper
- Magnet Type: Alnico
- Frequency Range: 75-5000Hz
- Resonance Frequency, Fs: 75Hz
- DC resistance, Re: 6.4 ohms or 11.8 ohms
- Diameter: 12.2 in.\ in., 309mm
- Overall Depth: 6.5 in., 165mm
- Magnet Structure Diameter: 5.0 in., 128mm
- Cut-Out Diameter: 11.1 in., 283mm
- Mounting Slot Dimensions: 0.31 in., 7.9mm diameter
- Number of Mounting Slots: 4
- Mounting slot PCD: 11.7 in., 297mm
- Unit Weight: 9.3lb, 4.2kg
Celestion Alnico Gold Guitar Speaker - 8 Ohm
Celestion Alnico Gold Guitar Speaker - 15 Ohm