The Classic Player Jaguar Special takes everything that made the Jaguar such a revolutionary instrument in the 1960s and adds some modern player-requested touches. The alder body is loaded with new pickups that provide fatter tone and hotter output. Another interesting enhanced feature is the neck pocket is cut differently for better pitch. The trem plate has been moved to increase the break angle and improve sustain. The Classic Player Jaguar Special also sports an Adjusto-Matic bridge for great intonation. The Classic Player Jaguar Special merges the past and the present!
There are a variety of new features on the Classic Player Jaguar Special that set it apart from its vintage-styled siblings. New pickups provide fatter tone and more output and an Adjusto-Matic bridge keeps intonation in check. Medium jumbo frets make bends easier and a new neck pocket cut provides better pitch and a comfy feel. Another cool modification from the original, the trem plate has migrated closer to bridge to increase break angle and sustain and a screw-in tremolo arm is also a stark improvement over the original. Black plastic knobs and switches round out the features.
- Color - Candy Apple Red
- Body - Alder
- Neck - Maple, "C" Shape, (Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard - Rosewood, 9.5" Radius
- No. of Frets - 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups - 2 Special Design Hot Jaguar Single-Coil Pickups (Neck & Bridge)
- Pickup Switching - 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Bridge - FENDER Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Vintage Style Floatingâ€™ Tremolo Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button