Barber Electronics is proud to introduce a powerful update to our now legendary Tone Pump!. The Tone Pump has a new tone control design that allows for an even clearer and more dynamic sound. The "EQ" update adds controls for presence and midrange... With the well thought out new "EQ", you can sculpt a vast "tonescape", from flat mids to extra articulated silky highs and a new deeper clearer bass and all points between. The "pump" control for the red channel is now push/pull to go between asymmetric and symmetrical clipping. All this adds up to an exciting new Tone Pump that veteran and new users alike will love!
The Tone Pump EQ has a beautiful transparent presentation which allows it to take on the characteristics of your guitar and amp without changing their tonal balance. The Tone Pump's gain structure allows for plenty of flexibility by using two foot switches and separate volume and sustain (pump) controls for each channel. The new push/pull symmetry adds yet another dimension to the Tone Pump's legacy. Classic sounds for the tone connoisseur!
• Precision matched components-using proprietary specifications to ensure symmetrical clipping and reduced intermodulation distortion. This allows complex chords to be heard with total definition and clarity at any level of overdrive.
• True bypass switching with led indicator- this is achieved by using an high grade switch, in addendum Solid 20 gauge copper hookup wire is used between the jacks and switching to create a transparent bypass.
• Two levels of overdrive- for distorted rhythm and a second mode for sustaining and thickening lead work. This effectively gives you three channels from your clean amp.
• Full size pots- for durability and for easy serviceability if needed.
• Hand made-we make the Tone Pump EQ one at a time and each one is signed and dated by the craftsman.
• Tonal balanced-The most important thing about the Tone Pump EQ is, your tonal balance of your guitar and amp are maintained. There is no funny midrange hump or loss of bottom end to SPOIL the sound of your guitar and amp that you have so carefully chosen.
• New EQ controls- This great new set of features allows the user to use the new "deep clear" external bass control to properly match the bass response of the Tone Pump EQ to their guitar and amp, this eliminates any low end loss. With the addition of the new presence and midrange controls virtually any tonal response can be achieved, including mids that are reduced, flat or forward, you make the call!...a tweakers dream.
• Volume knob response circuitry-numerous shades and textures at your fingertips just by adjusting your volume knob.
• Cast aluminum enclosure-our incredibly durable enclosure will last decades if not centuries!
• Double sided pc board with plate through holes-This is the way the military does it when they want electronics to work FOREVER! all pedals should be made this way , few are.
• Unique pivot style 9 volt battery clip- Our Battery clip uses an eccentric pivot to swivel the battery clip in and out of the unit for durable long life operation.
• High quality components- Players have requested the use of carbon resistors, metalized polyester caps. These components were thought to be only available on the highest priced pedals. Players asked, and we deliver...no problem, no exaggerated "boutique builder" pricing.
• Barber adjustable phono style recovery stage- Most of our op-amp based overdrive pedals use a cool old style phonograph circuit to recover the frequencies lost in the overdrive stage, this worked great for vinyl and now works great for guitar overdrive!
• Includes dc jack . (ac power adaptor not included)
Barber Electronics Tone Pump EQ
Have a question about the Barber Electronics Tone Pump EQ?
Call us toll free at 1-800-878-8882.