DescriptionThe Apex188 is a true stereo USB condenser microphone designed to direct connect to any USB 2.0 equipped computer or laptop. The two-cardioid capsules in the Apex188 are fixed at a 90-degree angle to each other, allowing a perfect X/Y axis stereo image from a single mic position.
The Apex188 offers the added convenience of an internal 24bit / 96kHz digital conversion direct to the USB2.0 output, making it the ideal microphone for software based recording solutions or Podcasting. The Apex188 operates on both Windows and Mac platforms.
Apex Control Software for USB Microphones
Apex Control Software is a free download for anyone wishing additional input level control for Apex USB equipped microphone running Windows.
This simple program solves input gain issues some users may experience with USB microphones when connected to a Windows based PC or laptop.
As an added bonus, Apex Control adds several useful features including a tunable low frequency roll-off, phase inversion switch; one touch mute button and one touch monitoring of the input source, comprehensive input metering and a master microphone gain control.
Apex Control also offers a quick on click access to all Windows Control Panel audio functions and delivers a simple plug and play direct input recording function for quick �on the fly� one track recording; - ideal for interviews, ENG or capturing live off the floor stereo waves.
• Dual X/Y axis cardioid pickup patterns for ideal stereo imaging
• Plugs in directly to any USB equipped computer running Mac OS-X or WindowsXP
• Perfect microphone for Podcasters, broadcast applications, ENG and music applications
• 24Bit / 96kHz A to D Converter
• 16bit/48kHz Resolution
• USB Connection Cable & Shockmount Included
• True Stereo USB Condenser Microphone
• Directly Connects to WindowsXP, Vista and Mac OS-X Compatible PC’s and Laptops
• Full 20Hz to 20kHz Frequency Response
• Dual 22mm Cardioid Diaphragm Design
• Ideal for Podcasting, Electronic News Gathering (ENG), Film & Broadcast
• Applications, Ambient Source or Live Stereo Remote Recording
• Type Stereo Condenser Microphone w/ USB
• Element Dual 22mm Capsules mounted on X/Y Axis
• Polar Pattern (s) Dual Cardioid Pattern (L&R Stereo)
• Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz
• Open Circuit Sensitivity (14.1mV re 1V @ 1Pa) -40dB
• Maximum SPL (1kHz @ 1% T.H.D.) 137 dB
• Signal-To-Noise Ratio (1kHz @ 1 Pa) 75dB
• Phantom Power Requirements USB low-power device (26 mA)
• Output Connectors USB 2.0
• Included Accessories Shockmount, USB Cable
• Dimensions (in) 8.25 x 1.25
• Dimensions (cm) 21 x 46.4
• Weight (lbs / g) 17 / 464
Item Number: Apex Apex188 32774 0-0
View all Apex products