DescriptionWaveLab 6 is the all-in-one solution for professional mastering, high resolution stereo and multi-channel audio editing, audio restoration, sample design and complete CD/DVD Audio production. WaveLab is the editing software of choice in top-flight mastering and restoration facilities yet its affordability has made it the ideal choice for the experienced engineer or discerning musician. The new version continues in the tradition of introducing new powerful and exciting features while maintaining the ease of use and workflow that make WaveLab such a fast and powerful application.
WaveLab 6 builds on the outstanding reputation of previous versions, adding even more next-generation features and capabilities to one of the world's best editing and mastering solutions. WaveLab 6 offers over 120 new features and improvements including the outstanding new Spectrum Editor, full integration of outboard effect processors and hardware remote controllers, a new loudness-corrected SmartBypass system, outstanding DIRAC time stretch and pitch shift technology, Bob Katz' K-System Metering and many more.
In Depth- Sample accurate audio editor with crystal-clear audio processing at up to 384 kHz and 32 bit floating point resolution
- Stereo and multi-channel non-destructive editing with versatile clip grouping over multiple lanes and video support
- Redbook compatible CD mastering and DVD-Audio authoring
- Quality EQs, dynamics and effects included (VST and DirectX plug-in support)
- Powerful audio restoration tools
- Useful metering and analyzing tools
- Support of a multitude of different audio file formats (WAV, AIFF, SD II, AU, MP3, MP2 (M.U.S.I.C.A.M.), RAW, Windows Media 9, etc.) and resolutions (8/16/20/24/32 bits with up to 384 kHz) and W64 and RIFF 64 file formats, AES-31 import and export of projects
- Version 6 provides an all new Spectrum Editor with sonogram view to remove disturbances and unwanted noise in the frequency domain. The extremely versatile editor offers high quality linear-phase filters and flexible replacement options. Its surgical mode is dedicated to audio correction and allows the user to Copy and Paste the selection or the ‘ambience' of that selection to another place in the time/frequency domain, or applies some specific processes to the selection with full undo and redo functionality.
DIRAC Time Stretching and Pitch Shifting
- DIRAC is one of the most advanced algorithm for the manipulation of audio material available on the market today. DIRAC Time Stretching and Pitch Shifting provide excellent quality, high performance and perfect fidelity.
- The enhanced master section now features SmartBypass, a time-saving new facility for assessing how a plug-in alters sound textures by compensating for loudness changes induced by the plug-in. Master Section presets can now be associated and stored independently within each audio file or an Audio Montage.
New Audio Processors
- New set of audio processors including Crystal Resampler, a professional sample rate converter providing exceptional transparency and preservation of the frequency content up to 384 kHz.
- The powerful Audio Montage's clip handling and editing capability has been further extended to include a range of new functions such as the new fade editing features which allow for even more flexible editing of fades, powerful batch processing and advanced import and export of files.
Audio File Handling
- Extended audio file handling and manipulation system including file sizes bigger than 2 GB, improved performance and batch renaming
- WaveLab 6 has many new tools with a strong focus on psycho-acoustic treatment and monitoring of the audio signal. K-System metering, a very smart loudness corrected bypass tool, a loudness normalizer and a loudness distribution display support the user to achieve the best sounding results.
- WaveLab 6 integrates seamlessly into your existing studio environment, including full integration of outboard gear. External hardware effect units can be used like plug-ins in the master section. WaveLab 6 also now features remote controller support via MIDI, so that many WaveLab features can now be used even more intuitively through a tactile control surface, further speeding up workflow.
- Intel Pentium / AMD Athlon 800 MHz
- 256 MB RAM
- 80 MB of free disk space
- Windows 2000 or Windows XP
- Graphic card with 24 bit or 32 bit resolution
- Display Resolution 1024 x 768 pixels
- Windows MME compatible audio hardware
- CD or DVD-ROM drive
- USB component port for Steinberg Key (copy protection key)
* The required Steinberg Key (USB copy protection device) is included in the full retail version only. When updating from another WaveLab version the Steinberg Key must be purchased separately. Only one Steinberg Key is required for all Steinberg products.
Item Number: Steinberg Wavelab 6  40706 0-0
View all Steinberg products
View Additional Images