Nocturn from Novation is a hardware plug-in controller featuring Automap Universal 2.0 software, that in turn provides automatic, instant and intelligent control of all automatable plug-ins within every major sequencer, including Pro Tools. Featuring a transparent control GUI, the software places a transparent control map across the computer screen, to be recalled or hidden at will. The controller features eight touch-sensitive rotary encoders, each equipped with a bright eleven-LED ring, which can be ideal for a laptop DJ working in a dark club environment. These are complemented by eight, user-assignable illuminated buttons and a smooth, professional 45mm crossfader. Also included is a "speed dial", a touch-sensitive rotary encoder that instantly takes control of whatever the user’s mouse is focused on.
- Hardware control for plug-ins or virtual instruments
- Automap Universal 2.0 technology provides a transparent control map across the computer screen, allowing the user to see at a glance how every parameter is assigned
- ’Speed Dial’ is an instant access, touch-sensitive control for composers and performers alike, allowing them to take control of whatever the mouse is focused on
- Eight touch-sensitive rotary encoders with bright, eleven-LED rings
- Illuminated buttons and a smooth, professional 45mm crossfader, makes it ideal for laptop DJ’ing in a dark club environment
- Instant ’learn’ function allows for assigning a parameter to a control simply by clicking on the parameter and touching the chosen control
- GUI allows for quick entry of new control names, parameter ranges and step sizes
- A simple browse facility allows the user to view plug-ins by type (all instruments, all FX, etc.), then instantly switch to control any of them
- The transparent GUI also allows quick and simple editing of standard MIDI parameters
Have a question about the Novation Nocturn?
Call us toll free at 1-800-878-8882.