DescriptionThe DX1R, one of Martin’s most affordable instruments, is a 14-fret dreadnought steeped in everything that has made Martin guitars so well respected among fans of acoustic guitars - superior craftsmanship and fine, natural tone. The top is made of solid spruce with sides and back of durable Indian rosewood grained high-pressure laminate. The fretboard is of black micarta with side dots only, black micarta bridge, chrome enclosed gears, and the whole instrument features a satin finish. The DX1R is an excellent choice for any guitarist looking for durability and that distinctive Martin tone in a low-priced instrument.
In Depth- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- ROSETTE: Inlaid Boltaron w/ Red Fiber/ Multiple Black/White/Black
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: A-Frame "X"
- TOP BRACES: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16"
- BACK MATERIAL: Indian Rosewood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- SIDE MATERIAL: Indian Rosewood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- NECK MATERIAL: Rust Stratabond
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- NUT MATERIAL: White Corian
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Square Taper
- HEADPLATE: Indian Rosewood Pattern HPL
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-11/16"
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-1/8"
- FINISH TOP: Hand Rubbed Finish
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- BRIDGE STYLE: Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2-1/8"
- SADDLE: 16" Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- TUNING MACHINES: Chrome w/ Small Knobs
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin MSP 4100 Light Phosphor Bronze-
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/Black Dots
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Color
- INTERIOR LABEL: Foil Label- DX1R Solid Spruce Top
Item Number: Martin DX1R 6114 0-0
View all Martin products
View Additional Images