The MC-404 CAE Wah was developed by Bob Bradshaw of Custom Audio Electronics and the Crybaby design team with the goal of creating a highly versatile wah-wah of top-grade components. It features dual Fasel inductors with two distinct voices (high-end emphasis or low to mid resonance), and a built-in MXR MC-401 Boost/LineDriver adds even more flexibility. Choose between inductors and turn the boost on or off with the side-mounted kickswitches; bright LEDs on each side of the wah indicate operation status. The MC-404 boasts true hardwire bypass, a long-life CTS potentiometer, and internal pots for the Q control (which varies the intensity of the wah effect), and gain adjustmentsâ€”high performance and quality that you can only expect from Dunlop, the world leader in wah-wah technology.
For three decades, Bob Bradshaw has been one of the worldâ€™s foremost designers of custom guitar pedalboards and effects systems for many of rockâ€™s most influential guitarists. And for just as long, MXR and Crybaby have been synonymous with the effects pedal innovations that have shaped the tone of modern electric guitar playing. So it was only natural for them all to join forces to create a dynamic line of pedals offering the ultimate in tone, functionality and road-worthy dependability. Since 1980, CAEâ€™s groundbreaking pedal designs were made in limited quantities only for a select clientele of world-class guitarists. But now these very same devices and circuits will be available to the masses.
- Select between a Yellow or Red Fasel Inductor for two distinct tones
- Features a custom designed CTS extended life low noise potentiometer
- User selectable gain output stage with kick switch and LED indicator
- Designed with low noise class â€™Aâ€™ operational amplifiers
- Bright LEDs indicate effect status, inductor mode, and boost on or off mode
- True bypass
- For power, insert a 9-volt battery, plug in an ECB-003 power adapter, or plug into a Dunlop DC Brick multi-power supply 9-volt output