DescriptionOn stage or on the run, wherever your music takes you, the K61P USB MIDI controller can keep up with you. With responsive full-size keys, a wide variety of controls and a solid set of on-board sounds, K61P provides the versatility, power and creativity that helps you to play with confidence.
The K61P takes full-featured USB control one step beyond by providing 24 pro-quality sounds on-board. Natural sounding acoustic and electric pianos, organs, strings and more are right there for you whether you’re connected to a computer or simply to a keyboard amplifier.
The K61P offers two switches, two knobs, a slider, mod wheel and footswitch input – all MIDI assignable. Switches can be set to toggle or momentary operation, with separate on and off values.
The innovative ClickPoint controller can be set to act as a USB mouse + left click, to navigate through your soft synths or DAW software. In addition, this versatile interface can be switched to send two MIDI controllers; one via the X axis, one on the Y axis.
Starting May 1, 2007, until further notice, Korg USA will be providing the Creative Kontrol Pack Vol.2 free of charge with the K61 and K61P! This dance music production software bundle consists of five of the most in-demand music software titles, configured for use with many of Korg’s innovative products.
Using the free editor software that comes with the K-Series, you can create and save custom controller assignments – or scenes – in an easy, visual manner.
This editor software allows you to load the scene that matches your application into the any of the K-Series controllers, so that you don’t have to reassign the same controllers manually – a real time saver! In addition, a number of pre-programmed template scenes are included, so you can instantly be up and running with many popular software synthesizers and music production programs.
- 61-key full size keyboard
- velocity sensitive
- 4 velocity curves
Tone Generator System:
- Stereo sampling system
MAX Voices Polyphony:
- 60 voices
- 24 Sound Programs, Piano (6), E. Piano (6), Clavi (1), Jazz Organ (3), Church Organ (3), Harpsichord (2), Vibraphone (1), Strings (2), Choir (1)
- Reverb (3), Chorus (3)
- L/MONO, R - 1/4" TS (Mono), unbalanced
- MIDI Out
- DC In
*Note: USB MIDI has been tested and works under Rosetta and Universal Binary on Intel-based Macs, using the standard Class Compliant driver. In this case, however, Port Names will be shown as generic names like Port 1, Port A etc. instead of the product name. The Editor has been tested on Intel-based Macs, and while not Universal Binary compliant, run fine under Rosetta.
- 2 Knobs
- 2 Buttons
- 1 Slider
- Octave Shift up/down buttons
- Pitch Bend wheel
- Modulation wheel
- Footswitch jack
System Requirements Macintosh:
- Mac OS X 10.3 or later, including Intel/Mac, The Universal Binary version is available for registered users as a free download at KORG USER NET
- Apple Macintosh with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Mac OS X
System Requirements Windows:
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional/Vista using the latest driver, which is available at Korg.com.
*Registered users can download Vista compliant versions for free at KORG USER NET.
- Computer with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Windows XP (Inter USB chipset recommended)
- USB bus power: 110 mA
- AC adapter model - A30950/KA183 (sold separately)
- 9V 500~600mA Center Pin (-)
Dimensions and Weights:
- 38.66” (W) x 8.70” (D) x 2.72” (H)
- 982 (W) x 221 (D) x 69 (H) mm
- 6.39 lbs./ 2.9 kg
- USB cable
- CD-ROM (containing editor/librarian and driver files)
- Software license agreement
Item Number: Korg K61P Piano, Synth and Controller [K61p] 41788 0-0
View all Korg products