DescriptionThe 15 amp AR-15 II delivers a stable 120 volts of AC power to protect equipment from problems caused by AC line voltage irregularities such as sags, brownouts, or overvoltages - all of which can cause sensitive electronic equipment to malfunction or sustain damage. AR-15 II accepts any input voltage from 97V to 137V and transforms it to a constant 120V, ±5V. Voltages beyond that range may also be converted to usable levels, depending on the range variance.
Additionally, the AR-15 II filters and purifies AC power, reducing line noise and ensuring optimum performance. Not only will your equipment perform better with Furman’s advanced filtering technology, but it will also be fully protected by our exclusive Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus circuitry (SMP), which features Linear Filter Technology (LiFT) and Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) with high current TVZ-MOV. This circuit provides the highest level of power protection available.
Many competitive voltage regulators use noise-inducing, motorized transformer-based technology. This results in large, expensive, and less reliable units which can not match the level of performance delivered by the AR-15 II. Essentially, Furman’s advanced technology allows us to offer superior performance in a single rack space unit at a cost effective price point.
The AR-15 II circuitry monitors the incoming line voltage with each cycle, comparing it to an extremely precise voltage reference, accurate to ±0.15%. If a voltage fluctuation requires that a different tap be selected, the new tap is switched electronically at the zero-crossing, to avoid distorting the AC waveform. (Most commercial voltage regulators using multiple-tapped transformers switch taps at uncontrolled times, thereby creating voltage spikes, and often creating clicks that can leak into the audio.) The design is not sensitive to small errors in line frequency, making it ideal for use with generators.
The AR-15 II has eight outlets on the rear panel and one on the front panel. All outlets are regulated, spike-suppressed, and filtered against RFI. There are no controls except the on-off switch. A bar-graph meter comprised of 10 LED’s indicates input voltage, while another LED indicates “In Regulation” status (i.e. that the output voltage is within ±5V of 120V).
Furman’s SMP surge suppression virtually eliminates service calls. Traditional surge suppression circuits sacrifice themselves when exposed to multiple transient voltage spikes, requiring the dismantling of your system, and repair of your surge suppressor. Not so with SMP. With Furman’s SMP, damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped and dissipated - no sacrificed parts, no service calls, no down time.
Unique to Furman’s SMP is its unparalleled clamping voltage, even when tested beyond the grueling specifications of - USA/CIDA’s A-1-1 test. While other designs offer clamping voltages that are well above 300VAC peak (far beyond long accepted professional standards), Furman’s SMP clamps at 188VAC peak, 133 VAC RMS even when tested with multiple 6000VAC - 3000 Amp surges! This unprecedented level of protection is only available with Furman’s SMP technology.
Unfortunately, traditional AC filter/conditioners have been designed for unrealistic laboratory conditions. Prior technologies could actually harm audio and video performance more than they help, due to the resonant peaking of their antiquated, non-linear designs. Under certain conditions, these designs can actually add more than 10 dB of noise to the incoming AC line! Worse still, lost digital data, the need to reboot digital presets, or destroyed digital converters are frequently caused by excessive voltage spikes and AC noise contaminating the equipment ground. Furman’s SMP with LiFT takes another approach, ensuring optimal performance through linear filtering and no leakage to ground.
Furman’s trusted overvoltage circuitry protects against all too frequent accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC by shutting off the incoming power until the overvoltage condition is corrected.
For rear panel illumination, a BNC connector is provided for connection of any standard gooseneck lamp, such as the Furman GN-LED or GN-I (sold seperately).
In Depth- SMP provides the highest level of protection available
- LiFT significantly reduces AC line noise
- E.V.S. protects equipment from dangerous overvoltage conditions
- Zero ground contamination circuitry assures delivery of pure AC
- Delivers a stable 120 ±5 VAC whenever the input AC line voltage is between 97V and 137V
- Output capacity 15 amps
- Low noise torodial autoformer
- BNC connector on the rear panel allows you to attach any standard 12V goose neck lamp to illuminate the rear of your rack
- Eight outlets on the back panel, one on the front
- Current rating: The AR-15 II is capable of 15 amps for input voltages of 124V (104V in 100V mode) or higher; derate at 113 mA per volt to a minimum of 12:3A
- Over Voltage Shutdown: 137 VAC
- Spike Protection Modes: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
- Spike Clamping Voltage 188 Vpk @ 3,000 amps, 133 VAC RMS (tested to UL-1449 6,000 Vpk @ 3,000 amps)
- Voltmeter Accuracy: ±5V
- Response time: 1 nanosecond
- Maximum surge current: 6,500 amps
- "In Regulation" Ranges: Provides regulation ±5V in 120V mode from 97 to 137V
- Dimensions: 1.75" H x 19" W x 11.63" D.
- Weight: 14.5 lbs.
- Construction: Steel chassis, .125" brushed and black anodized aluminum front panel; glass epoxy printed circuit boards
- Power consumption: 6 watts
- Warranty: The AR-15 II is protected by a limited three-year warranty covering defects in materials and workmanship. (See manual for details.)
Item Number: Furman AR-15 II 27709 0-1
View all Furman products