The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots—expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best selling guitars (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, we've completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept—restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more—based on actual vintage guitars we tracked down to make sure we had it right. We did the work, and it shows, because there's pure tonal magic in each new American Vintage instrument.
The American Vintage '65 Jaguar marks a key chapter in Jaguar history. That is, after surf and before punk, when the sole '60s member of Fender's big four guitars staked its own gradually growing claim in the hearts and hands of a select group of alternative-minded guitarists who appreciated its distinctive design and offbeat status. The classic Jaguar shorter scale, dual-circuit layout and sleekly chromed-out design are here, along with a bound round-laminated fingerboard and larger pearl dot inlays—elegant touches the Jaguar acquired in 1965, merely three years after its introduction. Available in Three-color Sunburst and limited Candy Apple Red finishes.
- Series: American Vintage Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Body Material: Alder Body Finish: New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, Mid '60s "C" Shape Neck Finish: New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood Fingerboard
- Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
- Frets: 22, Vintage Style Frets Scale Length: 24" (61 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.650 (42 mm) String Nut: Bone
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Pickups: New American Vintage '65 Jaguar® (Bridge) New American Vintage '65 Jaguar® (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 2-On/Off slide switches, one for each pickup Aux Switching: 2-Position Tone Switch
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone; "Rhythm" Circuit: Volume, Tone Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Bridge: Vintage Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button
- Control Knobs: Jazz Bass® Knobs
- Pickguard: Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- 4-Ply Brown Shell on (800) 3-Color Sunburst; 3-Ply White with Vintage Bevel on (809) Candy Apple Red
- Incl. Accessories:
Vintage '65 Jag Strap, Cable, and Cloth; Flatwound String Set, '60s Jag Information Kit, Bridge Cover, Vintage and Modern Owner's Manuals, Saddle Height Wrench
- Case/Gig Bag: New Deluxe Vintage Black Case
Fender American Vintage 65 Jaguar Candy Apple Red
Fender American Vintage 65 Jaguar Sunburst