The Zx5 is a unique package of unmatched audio performance, versatility, aesthetics and substantially less weight than any conventional loudspeaker on the market. By doing so, EV is truly bringing about a paradigm shift in composite loudspeaker design. The Zx5 is a 15-inch, 2-way cabinet with the most elegant high-impact composite enclosure, featuring the newest generation of EV components: the all-new DXV3150, 500W, 15-inch woofer and the all-new 2-inch neodymium ND2 compression driver. The Zx5 is rated for 600 watts long-term power handling and is able of producing high SPLs whilst providing a very smooth frequency response. With two available coverage patterns (60-degrees x 60-degrees or 90-degrees x 50-degrees), two adjustable monitor angles (45- or 55-degrees) and ten built-in rigging and suspension points allowing for a variety of mounting accessories, the Zx5 fits a variety of applications: installations of individual speakers or clusters in entertainment, cultural or religious venues, as well as on stages with bands, musicians and P.A. rental companies. EV Zx5 loudspeakers are available in black and white for indoors and dedicated PI versions for outdoor applications.
DVX3150 Force Air Cooled 500-W LF Transducer
• Cool air enters through frame under spider, flows around voice coil absorbing heat. Hot air exits through differential pressure vent in pole piece. • Suspension components designed for dynamic linearity at very high output levels.
Nd2 2-Inch Diameter Voice Coil Compression Driver
• High-energy, compact neodymium motor provides extended response, and is very lightweight. • Aluminum heatsink supplies additional power handling. • 2-mil titanium diaphragm provides reliability, excellent transient response, and great HF output.
Sophisticated, High-Power Crossover Network
• Integrates the transducers and waveguide to optimize power handling and frequency response on and off axis • Provides unobtrusive passive limiting for protection of the compression driver.
Integrated Rigging and Suspension
• Single-button fittings can be used top, bottom, or rear with internal steel anchor plates. • 10 x M8 threaded points can be used to suspend the speaker in several orientations. • Wall mounting and array brackets for many applications are available.
Computer Optimized HF Waveguide
• Provides smooth, even response on and off axis • Two coverage patterns available: 90° x 50° and 60° x 60° for longer throw/high intelligibility in reverberant spaces
Flexible Monitor Use
• Adjustable monitor feet for 45° or 55° angle
EV’s commitment to innovations in loudspeaker design started in 1982 when EV launched the first professional composite speaker, the 100S. In 1984 its successor, the S-200, quickly became one of the most popular professional loudspeakers in the world, due to its unique combination of weight and performance. In 1994 EV set a new standard in performance and coverage with the Sx200, which evolved into the Sx300, which fast became "the industry standard". Now, 10 years later, EV once again raises the performance bar in professional sound reinforcement with the launch of the Zx5.
The Zx5 is the first available loudspeaker system to benefit from an all-new woofer generation from EV, one of world’s most respected loudspeaker components manufacturers. The DVX3150 is a 15-inch, 500W continuous (2400 peak) rated woofer, utilizing a 3" voice coil, extended excursion suspension, high-efficiency motor structure and FAC (Forced-Air-Cooling) technology to provide a reliable and superior audio performance.