DescriptionThe M9 is a cardioid single tube externally biased condenser microphone that features servo-valve technology. The M9 is a natural bridge between the valve technology developed for the VX2 microphone and the servo opamp technology developed for the M-Series microphones. The head amp in the M9 microphone is a 12AX7 tube in a circuit that is optimized for super wide dynamic range and low noise. The output stage is a high speed dual opamp in a balanced differential configuration that allows long cables to be used without affecting microphone performance.
- 30 ft. professional quality 7 conductor cable with gold plated XLR male and female connectors.
- MV200 Analog Power Supply.
- Line Cord.
- Rugged carrying case.
- Suspension Shock Mount.
In Depth- Side address, true condenser.
- Capsule: 1.1" inside diameter, gold sputtered.
- Capsule: 10Hz - 20 kHz.
- Head Amplifier: 4Hz - 200KHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid.
- Impedance: Low (200 ohms nominal).
Open Circuit Voltage:
- -53 dB (0 dB = 1 volt per microbar).
- -56 dB (0 dB = 1 volt per microbar).
- 118.5 dB (Noise floor to max SPL @ less than 0.2% THD).
- 120 dB (Noise floor to max SPL @ less than 5.0% THD).
- Equivalent Noise Level: 15 dB Equivalent SPL, A weighted.
- Maximum Output Level: +8 dBV (@ 140 dB SPL, less than 5.0% THD).
- 154.5 dB SPL (-16dB pad).
- 156 dB SPL (-16dB pad).
Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Less than 0.2% @ 138.5 dB SPL without pad.
- Less than 5.0% @ 140 dB SPL without pad.
- Hi-Pass: (3dB @ 100Hz.)
- Pad: 0dB & -16dB (Non-Capacitive)
- Capsule Capacitance: 68 pF.
- Powering: Included MV200 analog power supply.
- 7 pin XLR, on microphone and power supply.
- 3 pin XLR, audio out from power supply.
- Cable: Professional quality 7 conductor, 30 ft. long. Gold plated connectors.
- Finish: Blue housing, satin nickel plated screen assembly with black accents.
Item Number: CAD M9 11545 0-0
View all CAD products
View Additional Images